In The Enthusiast’s Guide, you’ll finally learn:
- How to grow herbs from seeds, stem cuttings, and air layering
- How to choose the appropriate growing medium (it may not be soil!)
- The possible culinary and medicinal uses, unique growing needs and conditions, and fun facts about 35 popular herbs
- How to avoid over- and underwatering and make sure your plants receive the right amount of water
- How to keep your plants watered on vacation
- The basics of fertilization—organic and inorganic, slow-release and quick-release, granular and liquid
- How to prune your plants the right way
- The basics of supplemental lighting—when to use blue light and when to use red light, and appropriate strengths
- A gentle introduction to hydroponic growing and how to choose the right system
- How to identify and treat common problems like root rot, bolting, insect pests, leggy plants, and overwatering
- Common and technical gardening terms in a handy glossary—what is the difference between full sun and partial sun, anyway?
And a lot of other valuable information and tidbits that will allow you to finally master the art and science of growing herbs at home!
All in one place, thoughtfully curated and beautifully designed as a handy PDF you can open on any device—no need to constantly look up the same things in Google anymore.